Amongst my Spring Break 2011 travels, I came across quaint little shop in Nelson, BC - called Tara Davis Studio Boutique. I absolutely loved everything in it!! Everything - from their head bands, to their paintings, to the pillows, soap, and jewellry.

I bought 3 things: 1. a little bottle can lid magnet - with a vintage looking eiffel tower printed on it. 2. a peacock feathered headband pics below... 3. an item that smells & looks EXACTLY like a blue icing donut...but it's actually a bar of soap XD

The shop owner recieved her Jewellry Arts Certificate, and studied Industrial Design & Fiber Arts. She then toured Europe - scampering through museums & galleries absorbing their creative ideas. Then she went to India & SouthEast Asia, learning the ways of traditional weaving. She's very optimistic & friendly. I had such an amazing experience being in her store, and everyone that went in - came out with something. I found it extremely inspiring & I might even want to pursue such a career later on, in my future.
No comments:
Post a Comment